A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

2007 in review...

A bit early I know.

But let's take stock of the fall out of New Year's Eve / after midnight.

Predictably, the party raged on. That carpet took some serious punishment, with copious coke and beer stains. In fact, by mid-day on the 1st, it had changed from off-white to a sort of charcoal grey. It was like a permanent reminder to never have a party ever again. Still, it wasn't mine and it did look kinda hard wearing.

We took the party to the pub next, where I welcomed 2007 with a couple of pints of the black stuff, then moved back to Castleknock and watched Newcastle peg United back with a late and unexpected equaliser.

Then, back to Rob's where I passed out before leaving at 5am this morning.

A couple of hour's kip back in the familial homestead before coming into work for 10am on the dot.

Thankfully, nothing much is happening here today.

And it's not my fault if my superiors don't take their jobs seriously either is it???

2007 in prospect?

Well, I've never been one for New Year goals and there was decidedly little talk of that with friends during the New Year's Party that just wouldn't die.

But, on a personal level.

2007 could be the year when I purchase my own little pied a terre, finally record some songs in a professional manner and in short, it could be the year when I finally grow up.

On another level, it'll probably be just another anti-climatic train wreck from start to finish, which I'll end up drowning in alcohol come the next December 31st.

Distractions on the horizon?

Leon getting married and the general election in May.

Alright. I'm going to dive back into life right now.

But remember, be careful out there folks!

And stay safe.
posted by Christophe at 2.1.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home