A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Friday, August 24, 2007

Does the net help or hinder...

Every now and again, you'll come across an article lambasting the upsurge in user created content on the 'net. I came across one a while back which basically stated that all of the new content was of the low brow variety or simply not rigorous enough.

In fact, now I recall, this dude was promoting a book and as such, somebody wrote an article and pointed out with a blinding flash of the obvious that alot of low grade stuff comes through the regular mediums anyhow.

But back to the actual question at hand. Is all of this helping or are we sinking into a morass of ultimately irredeemable tangential rubbish.

Am I pointing the finger at this blog?

I may as well be.

Let's look at this way.

I have a decent job, with some decent prospects. Might need to do a bit more on the education front but I'll be relatively sorted. I'm looking at some major political upheaval but am confident, I'll ride it out effectively enough.

However, whilst I enjoy my job and a great many other bloggers / forumers / facebookers and various other things derive satisfaction from their 9 to 5, it sure ain't the be all and the end all.

I'm denied the creative outlets in my day to day, for writing and making music and generally just pondering the planet, humanity and of course, football.

Here's what I'm coming to though, I'm beginning to suspect all of these online activities, whilst they start innocently enough as ways of venting frustration and just kicking back for a second or two, they tend to take over and distract from the original object.

This blog is far removed from a purpose so I suppose that's why it'll always be written into a bit of a void, I had intended that it would be providing effective literary, political, musical commentary. I don't think we've had too much of that to date.

Plus, I've changed a wee bit over the past year since I've been back.

Consequence of growing older, I guess.

I'm probably removed from the whimsical 27 year old I was when this started out.

28, you're kinda playing for keeps.

Probably why I've been focused on discussing property so much and getting sidetracked into that.

I think I might need to clear some head space in some ways, maybe stepping back from all this online stuff might be a good way of doing that.

Return stronger.

With some real user content.

Just thinking outloud.
posted by Christophe at 24.8.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home