A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Thursday, April 19, 2007

La mia donna ideale...

I've forgotten more Italian than you've had hot dinners or some such suitable parlance.

Basically, what I'm trying to convey to you is that I'm going to Italy tomorrow, Milan specifically and I've forgotten literally all of the four years worth of Italian that I studied.

Buongiorno.

Mi chiamo Cristforo.

Ho studiato l'italian da quattro anni.

Andiamo.

Ciao Bella!

That's about as much as has stayed with me. Mi scusi! (I'm sorry!)

I flipped a coin to decide whether I was going to study Russian or Italian in college alongside Business & French in my primary degree. I was kinda hoping it would land on the Russian side but than again the cyrillic alphabet looked suitably forbidding at the time. Especially to a young guy pepped up on goofballs who just wanted to be out and about enjoying himself.

Latterly, my interests and the things I've done would probably have made Russian the better option and I've put off visiting Italy for at least 11 years. But there you have it, all I can say is...

Andiamo! Ciao Bella!

I'll see ya Tuesday...
posted by Christophe at 19.4.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home