A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Not a bureaucrat...

I finally got some feedback from the public service appointments people regarding that little test I took a while back and well, the results were interesting to say the least.

Turns out I aced the verbal, no surprise there obviously, it might not come across here but the written word is apparently my strength. The first surprise was the numerical result, apparently, I did pretty well.

Top 85% well.

Which was a startling performance considering I'm not mathematically gifted in any way, not that it's calculus obviously but still. I was most famous in my old maths class for having the odd "computational error". I said that in first year and my teacher got mileage out of it for five years.

No, the really startling performance was in the job simulation exercise.

Apparently, this is the section where there are no wrong answers.

Turns out they lied and there are.

Because they only liked 36% of my answers in this area! Considering we are talking about not entirely similar, but not entirely dissimilar either, work that I currently undertake this was a bit of a shock to the system.

According to the best testing available, I'm entirely unsuited to my job.

I like to think the answers I gave espoused attributes like personal initiative, responsibility, dedication, etc. Obviously either that's not what came across or they're not looking for those types.

Maybe it just ain't meant to be.
posted by Christophe at 29.8.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home