A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Sunday, March 30, 2008

More than words...

The first serious crush I ever had on an older female was a girl called Lisa. She actually was employed by my parents to oversee the house whilst they were both working and she was also to keep a putative eye on my brother and myself during the Summer holidays. It was a 50/50 arrangement because despite us being about 13 and 12 respectively and Lisa being like 16/17 at the time, she was more than slightly immature but cute with it.

Anyhoo, I always remember her being mesmerised by that Extreme song, "More than words" and in a certain way, it's become a kind of atavistic representation of idealised romance or schmaltz in a certain way. So I heard it today and thought of her, there are few enough songs that remind me of people and places because I come from the Nick Hornby school of thought, you cheapen music by centralising and identifying around people and times in your life. It's unavoidable at times but I'd really try and keep the music for myself.

Because the girls come and go.

Oh, you were hoping for scandal weren't you?

Well...

Saying I love you
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say, but if you only knew
How easy it would be to show me how you feel
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
Cos I'd already know
posted by Christophe at 30.3.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home