A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Monday, September 22, 2008

The circle game...

I was going to call this post, "A Head Full of Blue", after the Nick Johnstone book but I'm pretty sure that's already been used. So I went for the Joni Mitchell title instead, even though the Ipod has now randomly selected "Clouds"... Freaky. Out of 16,000 plus songs...

Anyway, the salient point (there is one?) of this post, was going to be a very long bitch about work and how just when you think you're on top of things, you find yourself back to square one. I suppose, it's natural in a sense, whenever there is transition and you go from being an authority on something to being the new kid on the block, there will be a certain amount of putting up with stuff.

At the minute, my tolerance is now in the red zone on the dashboard and if you were to draw a heatmap of where certain issues are, I'd be all over it. To be honest, in one sense, things are fine, I don't have to push the issue as it were but I've never been one too comfortable in lying back and thinking of England on the job.

I don't have much in life but I've been endowed with a certain misguided sense of professionalism, even though I'm utterly disconnected from the various economic modes and the capitalist ethos. I just like doing things well and being respected, a certain Pavlov's dog inherent contradiction, I must admit... But like my t-shirt says, existentialists do it pointlessly...

So how was that for a ramble?

Went to see Islands (Canadian band) in The Underground on Saturday night, knew next to nothing about them but they were ok, the show finished like @ 10pm, so they could clean the place out and bring in the next bunch of dance punters?!? What the hell is up with that? For €15, I expect at the very least a bad indie dance club...

A terrible venue with very much the mauvais esprit pour moi, it'll take something special before I darken their doors again.

And go round and round.

In the circle game.
posted by Christophe at 22.9.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home