A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lovely to love your lovin'

Last year, I was at a BBQ in Sydney, Australia for Valentine's Day.

It was a birthday BBQ and not particularly connected to the day in question, which was a good thing.

Although Romance must have been in the air because Jim and one of the crazy Cork girls are now entangled, which is a good thing.

It's been a long time since I think I was in love, ok, I had some major crushes during the trip. Can't be helped in Argentina, I guess.

Anyhoo, I'm back in Ireland now and it would be lovely to love your lovin', whoever the hell you are.

*"Lovely to love your lovin'" was the third album by The Simpsons according to the Behind the Laughter special, alongside Simpson's Boogie & Simpson's Christmas Boogie.

Current Listenin'

The Magnetic Fields - "All my little words"

You are a splendid butterfly
It is your wings that make you beautiful
And I could make you fly away
But I could never make you stay
You said you were in love with me
Both of us know that that's impossible
And I could make you rue the day
But I could never make you stay

Not for all the tea in China
Not if I could sing like a bird
Not for all North Carolina
Not for all my little words
Not if I could write for you
The sweetest song you ever heard
It doesn't matter what I'll do
Not for all my little words

Now that you've made me want to die
You tell me that you're unboyfriendable
And I could make you pay in pain
But I could never make you stay

Not for all the tea in China
Not if I could sing like a bird
Not for all North Carolina
Not for all my little words
Not if I could write for you
The sweetest song you ever heard
It doesn't matter what I'll do
Not for all my little words


Off their opus, "69 Love Songs".
posted by Christophe at 14.2.07

2 Comments:

That's a very depressing love song. Not that I want to knock it or anything like that...but that's more like a lovefutility song than anything else.

but then, no one writes happy love songs. I guess they're too busy.

14.2.07  

You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs.
But I look around me and I see it isn't so.
Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs.
And what's wrong with that?


;O)

15.2.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home