A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Friday, May 9, 2008

IAVI handles the truth...




"You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by
IAVI members.

Who's gonna do it? You? You, Journalists?

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom.

You weep for negative equity and you curse the doom sayers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that falling house prices, while tragic, probably saved Estate agents livelihoods. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves livelihoods.

You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honour, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way.

Otherwise I suggest you pick up a keyboards and stand at post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."


Auctioneers don't submit any private treaty sales results...

With gracious thanks to Duplex of thepropertypin.com...
posted by Christophe at 9.5.08

1 Comments:

I thought that was so bloody telling - I mean if there was ever any doubt that they were trying to cover up something* surely this proves it?

*something in this case refers to the great big f***ing facade of demand that the housing market has become

10.5.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home