A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Thursday, April 10, 2008

This could mean promotion, or death...

So apparently officially unofficially I've been promoted and made manager before 30, which is pretty good going. I'm not officially unofficially even allowed to mention what part of the organisation I'm moving to but what can you do.

It will all come out in the wash, I suppose, I know and I've made the proverbial deal with the devil. This should mean all sorts of good complimentary things, if not a whole heap more cash but it adds rungs to the ladder and I was perilously close to getting to the top of that ladder.

Time for a change though, I've spent six years in my current position, though promoted twice within it, did an M.A. in International Relations part-time and took a 4 month sabbatical to travel the planet. I'd say, that's pretty much all you can do before you have to head for pastures new.

The drama is playing out nicely though, my big boss is retiring come the Autumn, the department is kinda being liquidated in a vast political power grab but that's the way of things and there ain't no point being sentimental about it. I'll miss working with the kids but things can't stay the same forever.

I'll keep you posted in terms of when I move, apparently June is my due date but I'm used to the timetable slipping in that place.

Now, if only the housing market would stabilise somewhat, I could get working on having my own lovely pile of bricks and driving nails in the wall. Once I get my white picket fence, I could start searching for that 21 year old, with long black hair, stellar taste in music and whatever it is that is supposed to complete me.

Hey, someone stole her from me when I was 21, it's time to pay back a favour...

Or at least in 10 months time...
posted by Christophe at 10.4.08

2 Comments:

property is over-rated!

being 21 is over-rated too!

(says the girl who's nearly 25 :()

19.4.08  

Ah now here.. I really don't what you mean!

23.4.08  

Post a Comment

<< Home