A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Friday, July 13, 2007

Gigs...

Bought tix yesterday for a few up and coming shows...

Not till September but first up is La Merveilleuse, Feist, who shall be doing her thang in Tripod. Not my favourite venue but I've bought seats, so I'll see if that makes it any less objectionable... Tuesday night too, oo-er!

Then a few days later, it's the dulcet and not so dulcet bluegrass tones of The Old Crow Medicine Show. A very accomplished set of musicians, in the Village, Sunday night unfortunately too but should be a grand olde timey occasion.

And finally, I acquired tix for Iron & Wine, in the TBMC towards the end of October. I'm not too familiar with their work, mainly the delightful covers of Postal Service tunes but I'll try and inspect their back catalogue in advance.

Looking forward to gigs, it's been a little while.

Oh one more actually, I chanced about a little Norwegian act called, Thinguma*Jigsaw, a few weeks back at a Rebecca Collins gig. Very interesting, banjo and saw combo with a bit of flute thrown in for good measure. They're playing a farewell / album launch gig in the Lower Deck, up in Portobello on the 29th July, which should be very very good indeed.

I'll leave you with their myspace for further explanation.

Thinguma*Jigsaw
posted by Christophe at 13.7.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home