A Complete Explanation Of Everything

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Talking Chess...

ok, here is the hierarchy ok...

Christophe O.: King is useless but must be protected, can be useful in the end game but that's for advanced players

Christophe O.: Queen, she who must be obeyed and your most devastating piece

Christophe O.: lose the queen early and you're fucked, I tend to go for queen sacrifice if at all possible early on

Christophe O.: Rook is up next

Christophe O.: a powerful piece the full latitude and longititude of the board in both directions, essential for driving home killer attacks late on and inflicting real damage as a support to...

Christophe O.: Bishops & Knights

Christophe O.: it's a bit of an argument which is more important

Christophe O.: personally I favour the knight, principally because it's a little bit more flexible to me... Suits my strategies, that's why I'll generally sacrifice my bishops for your knights early on... That might be a mistake on my part as bishops can be very effective in the right hands

Christophe O.: pawns.

Christophe O.: Early doors and late doors these guys are important and any loss of material will be keenly felt late on

Christophe O.: most games will be decided by an early unguarded pawn loss

Christophe O.: that's what is the balance decider between most mediocre players of which I'm certainly one...

Christophe O.: so in short... Whilst you were in a tricky position there, never give up a Rook for a Knight
posted by Christophe at 9.7.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home